Client: SE INDUSTRIES Inc., Montreal, QC – Canada
What I did: I was the General Manager and VP Marketing, Sales and Development of the company. I actively collaborated in the development and application of the Dry Directional Drilling technology, being member of the team that developed this technology. I was the key person for the launch of this technology in the North American market, conceiving and implementing the marketing strategies and managing the relationships with public and private investors interested in this technology.
About Dry Directional Drilling technology: DDD is based on the use of compressed air at low pressure (175/360 psi – 12/25 bar) instead of traditional bentonite mud. Down the hole percussive air powered tools have a blow frequency that ranges from 900 to 1.500 blow per minute, which means that they are able to drill, with successful results, any kind of soil and any kind of rock banks, even when the rock has a resistance to compression of more than 29,000 psi (200 MPa). The rotating and percussive action exerted by the down-the-hole tool is extremely efficient even in presence of very hard rocks. Moreover, it turns out to be very useful in presence of soft soils, since the percussive action generates a pre-consolidation of the soil, so that it facilitates the drilling and steering stage.
- Scorpio Dry Directional Drilling rigs, by SE Industries Inc. – official video [youtube]
- Dry Directional Drilling Perforazione Orizzontale Controllata con limitato impiego di fluidi di perforazione in fase liquida” Atti del Seminario “Il Ruolo della Geologia nelle Tecnologie Trenchless ed aspetti applicativi” – Praoil Oleodotti Italiani S.p.A. – 11-Jun-99 – Italy
- La Tecnologia del directional drilling a secco – Strade & Autostrade – Audino Editore – November-99 – Italy
- La tecnologia e le nuove frontiere applicative del Dry Directional Drilling – Atti del 1° Convegno Nazionale della IATT – Italian Association for Trenchless Technology – 11-May-00 – Italy
- Dry Directional Drilling – A new challenge – No-Dig International – July 2000 – London – U.K.
- Dry Directional Drilling: a trenchless technology with low environmental impact and high productivity for underground utility installation – Conference Proceedings “INFRA 2000 6th Annual Urban Infrastructures Week” – CERIU – November 13th 2000 – Laval, Qc CANADA
- SE introduces Dry Directional Drilling to North American Market – Underground Construction – January 2001 – USA
- Look ma, no mud! – Equipment World – USA, March 2001
- Tecnologie Italiane per il Trenchless a bassissimo impatto ambientale ed alta produttività: Dry Directional Drilling e Dry Cured in Place Pipe – Atti della Giornata di studio sulle tecnologie Trenchless IATT – Università degli Studi della Calabria Facoltà di Ingegneria – 25-Jan-02 – Italy
- The technical and economical effectiveness of Dry Directional Drilling in urban utility installations – Conference Proceedings “No-Dig North America 2002” – NASTT – April 28th 2002 – Montreal, Qc CANADA
- Directional Drilling – la tecnologia e le applicazioni prima parte – Le Strade n. 4 – April-05 – Italy
- Directional Drilling – la tecnologia e le applicazioni seconda parte – Le Strade – May-05 – Italy