Client: FONDAZIONI SPECIALI Spa, Italy
What I did: I worked as the head of R&D of the HDD division, having the following charges:
- feasibility studies for the application of HDD and microtunneling technologies
- R&D for the use of HDD in compensation and jet grouting.
- R&D for a non-conventional guidance system for HDD
- R&D for hole supporting in up-hill directional drilling
- organization and management of the mud laboratory.
- training of engineers, supervisors and operators.
I also made the detailed design, performing the role of problem solver during the execution of large river crossing carried out by HDD for the installation of gas pipelines:
- PO river, Italy, DN600 (24 in) for a total length of 1.300 m (4,300 ft)
- Enza river, Italy, DN100 (4 in) for a total length of 1.200 m (4,000 ft)